The Psychology department has some exciting news to share! Dr. Elisabeth Ploran will be joining the faculty this Fall. Dr. Ploran earned her Ph.D. in Cognitive Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh. Since July 2010 Dr. Ploran has been a Postdoctoral Fellow at George Mason University, where she is investigating the neural substrates of the development, maintenance, and use of spatial memory during navigational tasks. Dr. Ploran has taught several courses in the past, and she received two teaching awards from the University of Pittsburgh. This Fall she’ll be teaching two classes at Hofstra: Research Methods and Design (141, section 03) and Sensation and Perception ( 166, section A).
- Summer Internship at Language Learning Lab at Boston College
- Paid summer internship at Yale: Comparative and Developmental Origins of Social Cognition
- 2018 SPSP Summer Program for Undergraduate Research
- Research assistant position at Boston Children’s Hospital
- Lab Manager, Project on Child Development (Waxman Lab), Northwestern University