The Division of Psychiatric Research at Zucker Hillside Hospital is currently seeking to hire a full time Research Coordinator to begin in Spring/Summer 2013. The position will also be affiliated through the Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research and the NorthShore LIJ Health System.
The candidate will primarily be a part of the team working on the “Comprehensive Assessment of Neurodevelopment in Youth” project, which uses clinical interviews, neuropsychological testing, structural MRI, and functional MRI to assess neural and cognitive change across childhood, adolescence, and early adulthood. We are interested in understanding development in healthy individuals as well as in individuals with severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Duties will be varied as the candidate will be involved in many facets of ongoing and future research projects. Specific responsibilities will include administration and scoring of clinical diagnostic interviews, administration of neuropsychological test batteries, scheduling and recruitment of participants, administrative duties such as IRB compliance, and data entry and management.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Psychology or a related field
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 2 year commitment
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple concomitant tasks
- Flexible schedule (there are occasional weekend testing sessions to accommodate school-aged participants)
- Experience with clinical assessments (in particular, structured clinical interviews such as the SCID and KSADS) strongly preferred
- Experience with neuropsychological testing strongly preferred
- Experience with psychiatric populations
- Experience with statistical software (Stata, SPSS, R) and data bases (Access, SQL)
Salary is competitive, and a full benefits package is provided. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV or resume via email to Dr. Katherine Karlsgodt at firstname.lastname@example.org.