Dr. Ploran is looking for two undergraduate RAs to work on projects related to spatial navigation. One project will examine the role of mindfulness and attention in navigational behavior, including whether mindfulness training can increase navigational performance. A separate project will examine the extent of spatial memory deficits in patients with lupus. RAs will assist in data collection and analysis, so students should feel comfortable with computers. Preference will be given to sophomores and juniors with GPAs of 3.4 or higher, experience with video game level generators (e.g., Quake) and/or Excel is a definite plus but not required. Email Dr. Ploran a short description of your interest and skills, as well as a sense of how much time you have to dedicate to the project (hours per week).
- Summer Internship at Language Learning Lab at Boston College
- Paid summer internship at Yale: Comparative and Developmental Origins of Social Cognition
- 2018 SPSP Summer Program for Undergraduate Research
- Research assistant position at Boston Children’s Hospital
- Lab Manager, Project on Child Development (Waxman Lab), Northwestern University