Applicants are invited to apply for a Research/Program Assistant position at Judge Baker Children’s (located in Boston, MA and an affiliate of Harvard Medical School). This full-time position begins June 2014 and will serve a dual role as Program Assistant for the Center for Effective Child Therapy and Research Assistant for a multi-site dissemination and implementation research project at Judge Baker Children’s Center.
As the Program Assistant for the Center for Effective Child Therapy, the successful applicant will provide a wide range of support services to the Program Director, Assistant Director, and Center clinicians in addition to working directly with client families. The Center for Effective Child Therapy is the outpatient mental health service program at Judge Baker Children’s Center providing cognitive and behavioral psychotherapy services to children ages 3 to 17 experiencing difficulties with anxiety, depression, PTSD, and disruptive behavior. Duties include: office management services (greet visitors, process payments, communicate with clients via phone and email to schedule); conduct clinical phone interviews with new clients and score assessment questionnaires; supervision of undergraduate volunteers; and staff support such as managing confidential documents, prepare supplies and equipment for assessments and treatment sessions, and provide support during training and other outreach events.
As the Research Assistant to the Dissemination and Implementation Project, the successful applicant will assist in project activities for a private foundation funded research project investigating the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based psychotherapy in surrounding community mental health centers. Duties include: interfacing with community recruitment sites, including with clinicians and administrators; collecting and managing databases from recruitment sites; preparing data for analysis, tracking study progress; attending advisory board meetings; assisting the Project Director in submitting progress reports; and providing support during professional trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor’s degree required, coursework in psychology or other related field preferred.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to exercise mature judgment and discretion is a must.
* A career interest in child mental health services.
* Ability to communicate with courtesy and poise in person, via telephone, and in written communications
* Strong computer skills and experience with PC. Proficiency with Microsoft applications, scheduling applications, and data entry.
* High standard of quality, ability to work on multiple projects, and attention to detail.
* Fluency in English.
* Proficiency in running and using photo copy equipment and other office equipment such as fax machines, postage machines.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume/CV, and two written recommendations (sent directly by your recommenders) to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Email communication is preferred, but recommenders preferring to send written correspondences can send materials to:
The Center for Effective Child Therapy
Judge Baker Children’s Center
53 Parker Hill Avenue
Boston, MA 02120