The Bellevue Project for Early Language, Literacy, and Education Success (BELLE)
New York University School of Medicine
We are seeking a Spanish-English bilingual project assistant to work on behavioral research projects in the Department of Pediatrics at New York University School of Medicine. We are examining parenting interventions designed to improve child development outcomes in at-risk populations in the context of a randomized controlled trial at Bellevue Hospital Center and in the context of a clinical program at Woodhull Medical Center. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in multiple project tasks, and will work with a multidisciplinary team of pediatricians, psychologists, social workers, and other child development professionals.
- Recruit research participants and obtain informed consent
- Conduct interviews with parents about a range of topics, including screens for depression and questions about their child’s development and behaviors
- Perform developmental assessments of toddler and preschool children’s cognitive and language development, as well as self-regulation
- Meet with families to discuss parenting issues
- Videotape and transcribe parents and children interacting together
- Translate research-related documents
- Code videotapes (using micro-analytic coding techniques)
- Maintain databases and perform data entry
- Schedule and track visits with families
- Provide general support related to research tasks such as manuscript writing and grant preparation
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with coordination of volunteers including scheduling
- Provide general administrative support for team members, including assisting with purchasing of supplies, scheduling, making copies, etc.
- Provide support for Institutional Review Board and documentation
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- 2+ years research experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, human/child development, or related field
- Previous experience with and continued interest in working with children and families
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for working with families and can flexibly adjust to project demands
This is a full time position with benefits. A verbal 1- to 2-year commitment is required. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you are interested, please submit a CV and cover letter to Adriana Weisleder, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please write “BELLE Project Assistant” in the subject line and indicate your level of Spanish fluency in your cover letter.