The Research in Spatial Cognition Laboratory at Temple University is hiring a laboratory coordinator, a position presenting diverse opportunities to participate in cutting-edge cognitive research. The Research in Spatial Cognition Lab, directed by Professors Thomas Shipley and Nora Newcombe, conducts research on spatial learning and cognition.The position has a 1-year minimum, with the possibility of extending to 2 years.
Lab Coordinator duties may include:
- Management of day-to-day lab operations
- Recruitment of study participants
- Stimuli design and creation
- Data collection, coding, and analysis
- Management of IRB protocols
- Research grants administration and accounting
- Hiring, training and supervising of research assistants
Lab Coordinators also have the opportunity to collaborate in research that will be presented at conferences and published in journals.
- B.A. or B.S. in Psychology or related field
- At least 6 months experience working in a research setting
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of participants
- Proficiency with SPSS
If interested, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to Julia Erlanger, Program Coordinator (email@example.com). Please visit our website (sites.temple.edu/risc) for more information about the lab.