The ID Lab (Identity and Diversity Lab), directed by Dr. Sarah Gaither at Duke University in the Psychology and Neuroscience Department seeks a full-time (with benefits) lab manager/research technician beginning August or September 2016.
The initial appointment would be for one year, with the possibility to extend for additional years based on performance and continued funding. The lab manager/research technician will work closely with the PI to set up the new lab, and to kick-start the research program investigating social identities, social perceptions and the roles they play in interracial behavior with both adult and child populations.
– overseeing day-to-day lab operations
– designing, running, and analyzing experiments with children and adults
– coordinating, training, and proactively working with undergraduate research assistants
-working with the Social Sciences Research Institute for both study implementation and participant recruitment with an emphasis on racially/ethnically diverse populations
– maintaining IRB protocols, budgeting, website, etc.
– assisting in planning lab events and meetings
– a bachelor’s degree in social or developmental psychology or a related discipline
– one or more years of research experience, preferably with children and/or racially diverse populations
– excellent organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to work independently
– strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
– extremely efficient in email correspondence
– programming skills in Qualtrics, Direct RT, Media Lab, Mechanical Turk and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
– working knowledge of image and/or video design and editing (e.g. Photoshop, Final Cut)
This position is ideal for individuals who wish to pursue research in the future. The lab manager/research technician will be involved with scientific presentations at conferences, the writing of journal manuscripts, and the ability to start their own projects in collaboration with Dr. Gaither.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume, and arrange to have two letters of recommendation sent to Dr. Gaither at email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Questions about this position should be directed to Dr. Sarah Gaither.