Drs. Andrei Cimpian and Marjorie Rhodes of New York University are seeking a full-time research assistant to coordinate research on cognitive development and social cognition in young children. Information about their research is available here: kidconcepts.org and cimpianlab.com.
Job duties include:
* Conducting experiments with children and adults in laboratory, museum-based, and school-based settings
* Training and supervising undergraduate research assistants
* Administrative duties, including data management and maintenance of budgets, lab web pages, and participant recruiting systems
* Working with local schools and museums to recruit participants and organize offsite data collection
* Providing general support to researchers
Applicants should have:
* A bachelor’s degree in psychology or cognitive science
* One or more years of research experience
* The ability to work independently
* Keen attention to detail
* Excellent communication and public relations skills
* Strong organizational, computational, managerial, problem-solving, and analytic skills
How to apply:
Please send the following documents collated in a single pdf file to Kathryn Yee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Research Assistant Position”:
* A cover letter describing your research experience, relevant skills, and career goals
* A current resume/CV
* An unofficial college transcript
Please arrange to have two reference letters from research supervisors emailed directly by the supervisors to the same address.
For best consideration, please apply by June 15, 2016. The anticipated start date is September 1, 2016. A two-year commitment is preferred, pending funding.