Job Description: We are seeking an individual to join our human subjects research lab which focuses on epidemiologic research related to prenatal and early life experiences and child development. This position will involve direct research participant interaction with parents, and young children (aged 1.5 to 6 years old), both in person and over the phone. Possible duties may include: locating hard to reach families; assembling and sending recruitment materials and research surveys via postal mail or electronically; participant recruitment both face-to-face and over the phone; describing the study to families and guiding them through the informed consent process; collecting data online, over the phone, and in person at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and/or in participants’ homes; organizing completed surveys, coding videos of child behavior, and entering data into a computer database; maintaining participant files and tracking progress throughout study participation; making recommendations about refinement and/or replacement of study procedures. The Research Associate may perform miscellaneous related duties as required. Evening and weekend hours will be required to accommodate data collection efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, nutrition, human development, epidemiology, research methods, public health, clinical research or related field and prior experience in a research setting.
- Experience working directly with children aged 1.5-6 years old and their families; desire to work directly with children in this age range.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated independence and responsibility.
- Is goal-oriented, self-directive, and collaborative; demonstrates initiative, motivation, attention to detail and creativity. Is a self-starter.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to actively participate as a team player.
- Ability to handle confidential data appropriately.
- Experience working with individuals with a history of substance abuse.
- Experience with databases such as Microsoft Access and REDCap.
- Prior training or experience administering standardized psychological tests and behavioral assessments for children and/or adults.
- Experience recruiting participants and collecting data for a research study.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application online: Research Associate – Biobehavioral Health/Epidemiology