Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Research Project Assistant for the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology. Assists with a federally funded project from the U.S. Department of Education. The project develops and evaluates a novel integration of restorative practices and social and emotional learning with an explicit focus on equity, culture, and bias awareness. The 4-year evaluation is led by Dr. Anne Gregory and takes place in 21 elementary, middle, and high schools most of which are located in Brooklyn’s District 18, a low-income district with a student population that is 90% Black, 7% Latino, and 18% students with disabilities. The Research Assistant:
• Travels to schools in NYC schools to introduce the evaluation to students and school staff.
• Collects consent forms and addresses questions about the study.
• Administers surveys, interviews, and focus groups in Brooklyn schools.
• Enters, analyzes and checks data in customized computerized database.
• Ensures compliance with IRB protocols, operational policies and procedures
• Assists in the development and maintenance of all databases.
• Assists with the developing data collection measures and materials.
• Conducts literature searches, and collects scientifically and empirically supported relevant data, to assist in manuscript and journal article writing and conference presentation preparation.
Full job posting found here