Georgetown’s Department of Psychology is home to a diverse and collaborative community of scholars who conduct research in psychology, neuroscience, and public policy, and who teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Research by Faculty in the Department of Psychology – from basic science investigations of behavior and brain function to applications for public policy – is directed at Georgetown University’s goal of creating and communicating knowledge in the service of the common good. Our Undergraduate Program offers a Major and a Minor in Psychology and provides a variety of opportunities for scholarship and extracurricular enrichment. Our Graduate Program offers a five-year program of study in developmental science leading to a Ph.D. in Psychology, with concentrations in Human Development and Public Policy and Lifespan Cognitive Neuroscience, as well as a dual degree combining a Ph.D. in Psychology and a Master of Public Policy degree in collaboration with the McCourt School of Public Policy.
The Research Assistant provides administrative and research support to Georgetown’s Early Learning Project. S/he assists with laboratory as well as with recruiting and testing of study participants. S/he will be trained to run memory flexibility, memory interference and cognitive flexibility studies and collect data in the field and code data in the laboratory. Reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI) and working with a PhD student, the Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Participates in field visits to the participants’ homes to collect data.
- Performs coding and collation of data – and trains team members on coding practice
- Performs administrative duties – for example, preparation of materials for families, and maintenance of records.
- Participates in team meetings and answers logistical questions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college
- Preference for Spanish speaking skills
- Current driver’s license
- Preference for prior research experience working directly with young children
Please apply here