Kessler Foundation is seeking candidates for research assistant (RA) positions. The RA position is ideal for those planning to continue their education in psychology, medicine, or other health-related discipline or to gain more applied research experience in a medical setting.
Responsibilities may include the following:
· Recruit/enroll research participants;
· Schedule and coordinate study visits;
· Interview participants according to research protocols;
· Administer neuropsychological test batteries;
· Coordinate/monitor data collection;
· Conduct and/or assist with data analyses;
· Travel to clinics throughout the metropolitan NY/NJ area;
· Manage electronic and paper databases.
· Provide assistance to research scientists with ongoing research studies, including subject recruitment, data collection, database entry and management, statistical analysis and administrative duties.
· Assist with activities related to locomotor training, grant preparation, IRB requirements, and lab organization.
Qualifications include the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or biological sciences. exercise science, neuroscience, or a related discipline;
· One to three years of related experience;
· Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills;
· Proficient computer skills (especially Word, Excel, and SPSS);
· Effective administrative and communication skills; and
· Interest and/or experience in research, medical rehabilitation, motor function, cognitive psychology, and/orneurologic/other disabilities.
Experience/familiarity with data analysis software is a plus.
Please include cover letter with salary expectations. Populations/research areas may include traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury (SCI), multiple sclerosis (MS), stroke. If you have a particular interest, please specify.