Social Cognitive Science Research Lab (PI: Bertram Malle)
Dept. of Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Official job posting: http://bit.ly/Malle_Labmanager2017 (with link for online application)
The successful applicant will manage and contribute to Bertram Malle’s research on moral judgment, mental state inferences, and human-robot interaction. The Lab Manager will participate in all facets of the research program, including:
Developing and pretesting study materials, helping in design of online and lab experiments, recruiting research participants, scheduling and testing participants, monitoring human subject compliance, programming and managing on-line experiments through Qualtrics, ibex, jspsych, and other software environments, operating and managing the lab’s computer systems, apparatus for eye tracking and physiological assessment. Further duties include managing the lab web page and calendar, training and supervising undergraduate research assistants, and supporting graduate and honors students’ in data collection and analysis.
- BA or BS degree in psychology, cognitive science, computer science, or related field
- Previous experience as research assistant, lab manager, or comparable position
- Previous experience with developing experimental stimuli, design, planning and execution of empirical studies
- Expertise in data analysis, presentation, and reporting
- Experience with specific software and apparatus used in lab (e.g., Qualtrics, ibex, jspsych, SPSS, R, eye-tracker, physiological equipment, software for robotics control)
- Knowledge of research in moral psychology, social cognition, human-robot interaction
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.