The Cognitive Development Center (www.colorado.edu/cognitivedevelopment and www.facebook.com/CognitiveDevelopmentCenter), directed by Yuko Munakata at the University of Colorado Boulder, is seeking a full-time Professional Research Assistant to begin July 2017. The lab studies the development of executive functioning, investigating how children learn to achieve goals by planning ahead, stopping themselves from doing things they shouldn’t do, flexibly switching from one activity to another, and solving problems. The lab also explores social and contextual factors that shape the development of executive function, and implications for intervention.
* Managing an active lab of 15-20 undergraduates, graduates, and postdoctoral researchers
* Assisting and training new lab members on interacting with families, running experiments, coding videotapes, etc.
* Recruiting families and new personnel
* Maintaining and upgrading experimental, computer, and a/v equipment
* Overseeing purchases and participant funds
* Managing lab database and website
* Assisting with preparation of publications and grant proposals Opportunities to gain research experience in developmental cognitive neuroscience are also available.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
*Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field *Leadership or managerial experience, particularly with peers or more senior individuals *Experience with children *Strong writing and communication skills *Statistical analysis skills *Experience in any aspect of developmental cognitive neuroscience *Prior experience working in a lab/research setting We are particularly interested in bright self-starters who are motivated, organized, conscientious, resourceful, and flexible, and who work well both independently and as part of a team.
Salary is competitive and benefits are included.
To apply, please follow these steps:
1) Go to this link: http://tinyurl.com/kqah26e and click “Apply Online”
2) Login, or Create a new account if you don’t have one
3) Upload the requested materials: cover letter, resume, transcript/proof of highest degree earned
4) Ask for 3 confidential letters of recommendation to be sent directly by letter-writers to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to providing an exciting research environment, the Boulder and greater Denver area offers an exceptional quality of life. Spectacularly situated at the eastern edge of the Rockies, this area provides a wide variety of extraordinary outdoor activities, and an average of 330 sunny days per year, and also affords a broad range of cultural activities.
Review of applications begins May 29th, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY IN EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT. THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER CONDUCTS BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ALL FINAL APPLICANTS BEING CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 303-492-6389