START DATE: FALL 2017 (ASAP)
The Child Language and Learning Lab at the University of Pennsylvania (PI: Kathryn Schuler) is hiring a project manager/research specialist to begin this fall. The project manager will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of a new research lab studying language and pattern learning in infants, children, and adults. The project manager will also oversee the conduct of multiple simultaneous research projects, reporting to and working with the primary investigator on planning, execution, and completion of these studies.
- Participating in the design of experiments, especially creating stimuli and recruiting and running research participants.
- Building partnerships with childcare organizations in the Philadelphia area so that the lab may conduct research at these centers.
- Maintaining IRB protocols and ensuring compliance with lab documentation practices.
- Supervising undergraduates who work part-time in the lab assisting with these tasks.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, psychology, cognitive science or a related field
- Experience working with infants and children and their families
- Experience working in a cognitive science research laboratory
- Experience interacting with childcare organizations is preferred
This is a full-time, paid position in the Department of Linguistics. The position is for two years, with additional years contingent on funding. The lab’s operating hours are Tuesday – Friday (9am-6pm) and Saturday (9am – 3pm). The candidate must be available to work within these scheduled hours.
If interested, please submit the requested applications materials, including a cover letter and a CV with the names and contact information for 3 references to: https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/30483.
We will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.